[Debian-med-packaging] [devteam-bioc] Please explain binary files without source in Rsamtools

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Wed Oct 30 15:10:46 UTC 2013

Hi Martin,

On Wed, Oct 30, 2013 at 07:38:09AM -0700, Martin Morgan wrote:
> On 10/30/2013 03:12 AM, Maintainer wrote:
> >Hi,
> >
> >as formerly posted here I'm working onn the Debian packaging of
> >preconditions for the new version of cummeRbund.  The package Rsamtools
> >belongs to the tree of dependencies and inside its source I found some
> >binary files with unclear origin which will not be accepted.  Since
> >Martin Morgan pointed me in previous cases to the documentation inside
> >the package I tried to verify this first but failed.  Here are the
> >files in Question:
>
> you don't mention the version you're trying to port; the following is from

Ahh, sorry.  I was basing my packaging onto BioConductor Release (2.12)
containing RSamtools version 1.12.4.  The rationale for using this version
was that I wanted to stick to BioConductor 2.12 until all needed packages
were uploaded to Debian and afterwards upgrading in one rush to the latest
BioConductor version.

>   https://hedgehog.fhcrc.org/bioconductor/trunk/madman/Rpacks/Rsamtools

Well, this requires some autorisation but may be there is no need that
I review the development trunk just for this reason.

> >Files: inst/extdata/CaffeineTxdb.sqlite
> >  I tried `grep -R CaffeineTxdb` with no hit.
>
> stale; removed. sqlite tables derived from querying a public data
> base ('biomart.org').

I could remove this file from the original tarball or weit for a new
release without this file (in case this might be at horizon).

Thanks for all the other explanations.  I'll include it into the
packaging and hope our ftpmaster will consider it sufficient.