[Debian-med-packaging] New version of aevol available

David Parsons david.parsons at inria.fr
Wed Apr 23 15:08:19 UTC 2014

Hi Andreas,

I am indeed aware of the new version of aevol (4.3).
However, in this version, a few executables were moved from the libexec
directory to the bin directory. Since no manpages have been written for
these yet, lintian issues a bunch of binary-without-manpage warnings
that will disappear in version 4.4, which should be released in the next
few weeks.
If you think this is not an issue, I can push the modifications to the
SVN right now.

BTW, I've been using Depends: ${shlibs:Depends}, ${misc:Depends} for the
aevol package. This creates dependencies to recent versions of some
packages (e.g. dep: libc6 <https://packages.debian.org/fr/sid/libc6> (>=
2.15) where current stable version of libc6 is 2.13). This means that we
rely on the user adding the "testing" or "unstable" repositories to
their /etc/apt/sources.list file, which feels wrong.
Because of that, I'm considering setting dependencies manually. Is this
a bad idea ?
Also, could you give me some input about how/when a package goes from
testing to stable ?

Thanks,
David

--
Untitled

logo

*David Parsons* <http://www.parsons.eu/>
Service d'Expérimentation et de Développement

Antenne Inria Lyon - La Doua
Bâtiment CEI-1
66 Boulevard Niels Bohr
69603 Villeurbanne