[Debian-med-packaging] BioPython: Some Python modules not found in tests at package build time

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Fri Apr 25 13:05:42 UTC 2014

Hi,

as I wrote in my last mail I have started anyother try to finalise
BioPython which is prepared at

   Vcs-Svn: svn://anonscm.debian.org/debian-med/trunk/packages/python-biopython/trunk/

I hope the final problem with the tests is that I get output like

test_GraphicsBitmaps ... skipping. Install PIL (Python Imaging Library) if you want to create bitmaps with Bio.Graphics.

despite the required Python modules are installed.  Interestingly enough
if I manually run the test suite I get a different warning message for
test_GraphicsBitmaps:

test_GraphicsBitmaps ... Warn: Can't find .pfb for face 'Times-Roman'
skipping. Check the fonts needed by ReportLab if you want bitmaps from Bio.Graphics
Can't setFont(Times-Roman) missing the T1 files?
Originally <type 'exceptions.TypeError'>: makeT1Font() argument 2 must be string, not None

My conclusion is that when not running the build (here it is not relevant
whether I'm doing debuild or pdebuild!) PIL is not found but in case I
run the test suite manually afterwards it is found an some other problem
occures (hints how to get the .pfb files are for sure welcome as well).

Any idea what the problem might be?