[Debian-med-packaging] packaging for camitk 3.3.1 ready

Emmanuel Promayon Emmanuel.Promayon at imag.fr
Fri Apr 25 20:09:52 UTC 2014

Hello,

> When building in pbuilder I get:

> 15: Test timeout computed to be: 300
> 15: /tmp/buildd/camitk-3.3.1/camitk-build/bin/camitk-testcomponents aborted...
> 15: std AbortException:
> 15: unknown option
> 15: Files "/tmp/buildd/camitk-3.3.1/camitk-build/share/camitk-3.3/testdata/ctestdata/scissors.obj" to "/tmp/buildd/camitk-3.3.1/camitk-build/Testing/Temporary/application-testcomponentsobj2/scissors.obj" are different.
> 15: CMake Error at /tmp/buildd/camitk-3.3.1/sdk/cmake/modules/macros/CamiTKTestCompareFile.cmake:29 (message):
> 15:   application-testcomponentsobj2:
> 15:   /tmp/buildd/camitk-3.3.1/camitk-build/Testing/Temporary/application-testcomponentsobj2/scissors.obj
> 15:   does not match
> 15:   /tmp/buildd/camitk-3.3.1/camitk-build/share/camitk-3.3/testdata/ctestdata/scissors.obj
> 15:
> 15:
> 4/4 Test #15: application-testcomponentsobj2 .......***Failed    0.06 sec
>
> 50% tests passed, 2 tests failed out of 4
>
> Label Time Summary:
> component-msh        =   0.06 sec
> component-obj        =   0.06 sec
> component-stl        =   0.04 sec
> component-vtkmesh    =   0.06 sec
>
> Total Test time (real) =   0.22 sec
>
> The following tests FAILED:
>            9 - application-testcomponentsvtkmesh3 (Failed)
>           15 - application-testcomponentsobj2 (Failed)
> Errors while running CTest
> make[1]: *** [override_dh_auto_test] Error 8
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/buildd/camitk-3.3.1'
> make: *** [build] Error 2
> dpkg-buildpackage: error: debian/rules build gave error exit status 2
> E: Failed autobuilding of package
> W: no hooks of type C found -- ignoring
> I: unmounting dev/pts filesystem
> I: unmounting run/shm filesystem
> I: unmounting proc filesystem
>   -> Cleaning COW directory
>    forking: rm -rf /var/cache/pbuilder/build//cow.22740
> warning: cannot find binary, udeb or source package *.deb in lab (skipping)
> E: camitk source: source-is-missing sdk/applications/wizard/resources/player.swf
> N:
> N:    The source of the following file is missing. Lintian checked a few
> N:    possible paths to find the source, and do not find it.
> N:
> N:    Please repack your package to include the source or add it to
> N:    "debian/missing-sources" directory.
> N:
> N:    If this is a false-positive, please report a bug against Lintian.
> N:
> N:    Severity: serious, Certainty: possible
> N:
> N:    Check: cruft, Type: source
> N:
>

> The build was done on amd64.  Do you need a full build log?

Thank you Andreas for checking this.

First part about this problem (see below for more):
I do not think I need the full log. The unit testing is not yet up to
what it should be. In version 3.3, we just introduced some unit testing.
At the moment we are not sure that any of them are really relevant (the
"unknown option is really bizarre, seems to be linked with a badly
defined ctest). I had some issues with the application-testcomponent*
myself (i.e. testing fine on sid but not in my sid pbuilder).
So for the time being, I just removed test #9 and #15 in the svn
(although I am not too sure the remaining #6 will work everywhere else !).
The next upstream release (probably versioned 3.4) will have more
relevant unit tests. We also plan to add more autopkgtests. Version 3.4
should be ready before the jessie freeze you mentioned in another thread
so that this package should be "stronger" by then.

>> I tested the packaging on a sid pbuilder chroot and ran the
>> debian/tests with adt-run on a sid LXC environment. Everything seems
>> to work.
>
> Hmmm, strange that my pbuilder does not seem to work. :-(

Second part about this problem:
Yes, I agree about the strangeness factor!

I created a pbuilder environment using this command:
pdebuild --architecture amd64 --buildresult /tmp --pbuilderroot "sudo
DIST=sid ARCH=amd64"
More specifically I mainly followed the instructions on this web page
[1] (I just had to double the size of tmpfs in order to compile the
package, as it uses a lot of ITK-based template code which need quite a
lot of memory). Btw, the C10shell is great as it gets you a shell if the
build fails.

I would be interested to try to reproduce the problem using the same
type/configuration of pbuilder as yours (although as I mentioned in the
first part, some unit tests might not fail the same way as I am not sure
they are yet "universal"). If you have any step by step that would help
me to create the same pbuilder (or URL containing a step by step), that
would be great. I noticed the "COW" keyword, is it a cowbuilder? What
would be the difference between the pbuilder I used and yours?
Sorry in advance for my (blissed) ignorance and thank you again for your
help.

Best regards,
Mahnu

[1] http://www.megatunix.com/using-pbuilder-for-making-packages/

--
Emmanuel Promayon
UJF-Grenoble 1, CNRS, TIMC-IMAG UMR 5525 (équipe GMCAO)