[Debian-med-packaging] @Andreas - LTO for autodock

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Thu Aug 14 12:42:10 UTC 2014

Hi Steffen,

On Thu, Aug 14, 2014 at 08:15:53AM +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:

> > Back then I had decided against it all, but today, a couple of compiler generations later, I suggest to think
> > about it - for autodock and many other compute-intensive packages. Any opinions or deeper insights anyone?
>
> If you did some experiments why not just commiting to SVN what you
> regard as sensible?  I personally do not use the software so I can
> hardly comment on its performance in day to day work.  I'm currently
> working on autopkgtesting (the current script creates several failures
> while at package build time everything wents fine - probably a simple
> thing I overlooked).
>
> So just do what you think needs to be done and raise a signal if you
> are ready.

I fixed the tests and from my personal point of view the package would
be ready for uploading.  Please pick one of the following options:

  1. Implement LTO and upload
  2. Implement LTO and ask me for final review and uploading
  3. Upload yourself as is
  4. Ask me to upload as is and change whatever needs to be changed later
  5. ?