[Debian-med-packaging] Status of netbeans (... and what to do with igv)

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Fri Aug 15 21:09:38 UTC 2014

Hi Niels,

On Thu, Aug 14, 2014 at 06:42:15PM +0200, Niels Thykier wrote:
> On 2014-08-14 09:52, Andreas Tille wrote:
> > even if I have no idea why according to
> >
> >    https://qa.debian.org/excuses.php?package=igv
> >
> > igv depends from netbeans (any explanation for this would be interesting
> > as well) I wonder if anybody might care about this package which is not
> > fit for release since over one year without any response (#713182).
>
> Just clarifying the dependency chain part
>  * The source package netbeans builds libnb-absolutelayout-java.
>  * The binary package igv depends on libnb-absolutelayout-java.
>  * Britney only shows dependencies on a "source"-level, which may be the
>    source of your confusion.

Thanks for the explanation.  So I wonder whether it makes sense to keep
on depending from netbeans if IGV is full of binary JARs anyway
(unfortunately - that's why it is in non-free).  If netbeans remains RC
buggy without anybody caring about it we could consider leaving the JAR
containing the libnb-absolutelayout-java inside igv code and it could at
least migrate to (non-free) testing.

Or is there any work ongoing to fix netbeans?