[Debian-med-packaging] Team maintaining python-igraph (Was: Status of igraph packaging for Debian)

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Tue Aug 19 10:32:47 UTC 2014

Hi Tamás,

On Mon, Aug 18, 2014 at 02:29:27PM +0200, Tamás Nepusz wrote:
> Hello Andreas,
>
> > Fine. As written above: If you might prefer Git I'd volunteer to
> > migrate the package.
> Git is indeed better for me -- please migrate igraph to the Git repo if possible.

The migration went not totally smoothly since we lost the tags for
reasons I do not understand.  Considering that we have
snapshot.debian.org and it might be possible to recreate the tags
I do not consider this as a real drawback.  Feel free to clone

   ssh://git.debian.org/git/debian-med/igraph.git

and change whatever you think should be changed.  I added your ID in
Uploaders.  If you think the package is ready according to your more
educated view than mine.  What I would like you to check:

  1. Is dh_auto_test really running the unit tests?
  2. We should create autopkgtest[1]

> > Maintainers are in CC. As far as I know there is no strong reason for
> > this split - just historical. We should do whatever makes sense in your
> > opinion.
> For me it makes more sense to keep python-igraph in Debian-med unless there is a policy to keep all Python modules under the control of the Python modules team, especially because python-igraph is pretty useless without libigraph0 anyway. But I don't mind if I have to join both groups.

There is no such policy since we also have Python modules in Debian Med
VCS.  Ping Takaki, could you please raise your opinion what to do with
python-igraph?

[1] https://packages.debian.org/sid/autopkgtest