[Debian-med-packaging] libquazip transition (freemedforms-project package update)

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Wed Aug 27 12:43:40 UTC 2014

Hi Eric,

On Wed, Aug 27, 2014 at 02:35:37PM +0200, Eric Maeker wrote:
> >> E: freemedforms-project source: source-is-missing
> >> global_resources/doc/freediams/en/html/lib/exe/js.php.t.typo.js
> >> E: freemedforms-project source: source-is-missing
> >> global_resources/doc/freediams/fr/html/lib/exe/js.php.t.typo.js
> >> E: freemedforms-project source: source-is-missing
> >> global_resources/doc/freemedforms/en/html/lib/exe/js.php.t.typo.js
> >> E: freemedforms-project source: source-is-missing
> >> global_resources/doc/freemedforms/fr/html/lib/exe/js.php.t.typo.js
>
> > As I previously said[1]:  No, since it is considered in conflict with
> > DFSG.  As I said:  I have the impression that these *.js files are not
> > needed in the binary package anyway.  So why not simply removing them?
>
> lintian warns about the freemedforms-project source package, how can I
> remove file from this package? Should I provide a new upstream without
> these files?

Since you are actually upstream this is what I recommended, yes.

Alternatively you can use

   Files-Excluded: js.php.t.typo.js

in debian/copyright and use

   uscan --verbose --force-download --repack --compress xz

(untested Files-Excluded string may be the directory needs to be
specified as well).  In the case of repackaging you need to add a +dfsg
suffix to the version number.  Feel free to ask for more detailed infor
in case you consider the new upstream version not as an easy option.