[Debian-med-packaging] MNE v0.8 packaging

Andreas Tille andreas at fam-tille.de
Tue Jul 29 06:38:18 UTC 2014

[keeping Debian Med maintainers list in CC]

Hi Alexandre,

On Tue, Jul 29, 2014 at 01:30:55AM +0200, Alexandre Gramfort wrote:
> we're about to release v0.8 of MNE-Python.

:-)

> The release version is in maint/0.8 branch on github.
>
> I've attached an updated version of copyright as suggested by Yaroslav.
>
> Sorry to ask these questions again but what's should be my workflow now?
>
> Merge maint/0.8 to the master on debian.org?

That's not needed (since you are importing the code as you wrote below).

> then:
>
> uscan --verbose --force-download
> git import-orig --pristine-tar ../mne-python_0.8.orig.tar.gz
> git push

Exactly.

Then do

   dch -i

to adapt the version in the changelog (and mention the change in the
d/copyright file there as well).

In case of questions you could always consult the Debian Med policy
document[1].

[1] http://debian-med.alioth.debian.org/docs/policy.html