[Debian-med-packaging] Format security patch for Paml

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Wed Jul 30 13:27:37 UTC 2014

Hi,

I upgraded the Debian package of PAML to the latest upstream version.
When building the package I needed to add a patch[1] since Debian
enables hardening options where format-security warnings are turned into
errors.  Feel free to take over this patch into any further release.

Regarding the license of PAML:  Debian regards the restriction "for
academic use free of charge" as non-free because it is discriminating
any non-academical use.  In case you would consider changing the license
to some free license (GPL, MPL, BSD, etc.) we would welcome this and
would be able to help you choosing a license that fits your needs.

[1] http://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/debian-med/trunk/packages/paml/trunk/debian/patches/fix_format_security.patch?revision=17575&view=markup