[Debian-med-packaging] [trevor.l.davis at stanford.edu: Re: r-cran-optparse_1.0.2-1_amd64.changes REJECTED]

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Thu Mar 20 19:46:14 UTC 2014

Hi Thorsten,

is this answer convincing or do you want to answer yourself to Trevor?

----- Forwarded message from Trevor Davis <trevor.l.davis at stanford.edu> -----

Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2014 09:26:19 -0700
From: Trevor Davis <trevor.l.davis at stanford.edu>
To: Andreas Tille <andreas at an3as.eu>
Subject: Re: r-cran-optparse_1.0.2-1_amd64.changes REJECTED

Hi Andreas,

The FSF and Python both consider the "Python License Stack" from Python 2.0
onwards to be GPL-compatible (
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/license-list.html#Python ) and (
http://docs.python.org/2/license.html ) so I'm not sure what the issue is.
If incorporating code from Python you must include the text for all those
historical licenses that are in the Python "license stack" (
https://wiki.python.org/moin/PythonSoftwareFoundationLicenseFaq) but that
shouldn't be a problem since I'm incorporating it into a GPL licensed
project.

Best,

Trevor

----- End forwarded message -----