[Debian-med-packaging] Any chance to only partly disable tests for camitk (Re: r16503 - in trunk/packages/camitk/trunk/debian: . patches)

Emmanuel Promayon Emmanuel.Promayon at imag.fr
Mon Mar 24 09:48:03 UTC 2014

Thank you Andreas,

>> Another question I have is about old patches. Q: can I remove old
>> .diff that are not needed anymore on the svn?
>
> Yes.  These are kept in old tags and even if I tend to remove *very*
> old tags because there complaints about the continous growth of the
> SVN without any practical use since all uploads are kept on
> snapshot.debian.org you can always fetch the patches from there if
> needed. So removing unneeded code is always fine.
OK, I'll do that.

>> At the moment we do not think that the test are (all) relevant.
>> This is why I decided to avoid the test.
> OK.  Could you please add this information to README.source.  It is
> just to keep your fellow Debian maintainers informed in case anyone
> might stumble upon this and should not be forced to seek the web for
> this piece of information.
I will do that and also check a little bit further what can be done for
improving the test and include (some of) them. Since the release we have
made some progress (see the cdash [1])

> Everything that is scriptable can be used as test.  You can do as I
> wrote above and add another script doing the later.
>
>> Q: What do you think I should put in README.source and in
>> README.test? Do you think the "too new to make sense" explanation
>> is acceptable?
>
> Well, you are upstream and you will now best how to acceptably test
> your code.  So if your answer is "yes it is" my answer will not be
> different.
OK.

>> In the meanwhile, I am going to look at autopkgtest (which seems
>> promising, and seems to answer some of my questions!). Do you have
>>  any idea where I can find an example (especially if this can be a
>>  mix between disabling automatic ctest and enabling global package
>>  testing)?
>
> See above for an example which I personally find more speaking and
> the link to the spec[1].
>
> Hope this helps
Yes it does thank you! I am going to try to add some autopkgtest, it is
a very good idea.

Q: can I run the tests independently after a dpkg-buildpackage? And/or
what is the best way to run the tests?

Thanks again!
Mahnu

[1] https://cdash-timc.imag.fr/index.php?project=camitk-opensource (it
should now be open to everyone outside the local network)
--
Emmanuel Promayon
UJF-Grenoble 1, CNRS, TIMC-IMAG UMR 5525 (équipe GMCAO)