[Debian-med-packaging] packaging for camitk 3.3.1 ready

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Wed May 7 08:04:55 UTC 2014

Hi Emmanuel,

On Tue, May 06, 2014 at 11:59:41AM +0200, Emmanuel Promayon wrote:
> >in debian/copyright (when using the latest uscan from devscripts).
> >For sure your can also release a new upstream version without this
> >file.
>
> We just released a new upstream version (3.3.2) that just removed
> the incriminated swf file (+ two other mp4 videos that were not used).
> The commit was also done on the upstream trunk [1].

Good.  THe package now builds without lintian errors and I could upload
(after reaching to some better network connection than I currently
have).

> I do not dare to say "packaging for 3.3.2 is ready for upload"
> anymore! So I will just say "would you please consider the
> sponsoring of CamiTK 3.3.2 packaging if you think everything is ok?"

I'm a bit curious what the following lintian message:

I: camitk source: tar-errors-from-source Ignoring unknown extended header keyword 'SCHILY.fflags'
N:
N:    tar produced an error while unpacking this source package. This probably
N:    means there's something broken or at least strange about the way the
N:    upstream tar file was constructed. You may want to report this as an
N:    upstream bug.
N:
N:    Severity: normal, Certainty: wild-guess
N:
N:    Check: cruft, Type: source

might mean.

I also think that you somehow missed the chance to fix several spelling
errors claimed by lintian:

I: libcamitk3: spelling-error-in-binary usr/lib/camitk-3.3/actions/libpixelcolorchanger.so.3.3.2 allows to allows one to
N:
N:    Lintian found a spelling error in the given binary. Lintian has a list
N:    of common misspellings that it looks for. It does not have a dictionary
N:    like a spelling checker does.
N:
N:    If the string containing the spelling error is translated with the help
N:    of gettext or a similar tool, please fix the error in the translations
N:    as well as the English text to avoid making the translations fuzzy. With
N:    gettext, for example, this means you should also fix the spelling
N:    mistake in the corresponding msgids in the *.po files.
N:
N:    You can often find the word in the source code by running:
N:
N:     grep -rw <word> <source-tree>
N:
N:    This tag may produce false positives for words that contain non-ASCII
N:    characters due to limitations in strings.
N:
N:    Severity: minor, Certainty: wild-guess
N:
N:    Check: binaries, Type: binary, udeb
N:
I: libcamitk3: spelling-error-in-binary usr/lib/camitk-3.3/components/libdicomdirectory.so.3.3.2 allows to allows one to
I: libcamitk3: spelling-error-in-binary usr/lib/camitk-3.3/components/libdicomimage.so.3.3.2 allows to allows one to
I: libcamitk3: spelling-error-in-binary usr/lib/libcamitkcore.so.3.3.2 tEH the
I: libcamitk3: spelling-error-in-binary usr/lib/libcamitkcore.so.3.3.2 unkown unknown
I: libcamitk3-dev: spelling-error-in-binary usr/bin/camitk-wizard independant independent
I: libcamitk3-dev: spelling-error-in-binary usr/bin/camitk-wizard Librairies Libraries
I: libcamitk3-dev: spelling-error-in-binary usr/bin/camitk-wizard explicitely explicitly
I: libcamitk3-dev: spelling-error-in-binary usr/bin/camitk-wizard usefull useful

I'd recommend fixing these in upstream VCS to make sure the next release
will be cleaned from this.

Finally I'm wondering whether this could be fixed as well:

I: libcamitk3-data: duplicated-compressed-file usr/share/camitk-3.3/testdata/BigEndianCompressed.img.gz
N:
N:    The given, apparently compressed, file is shipped in the package in
N:    addition to another file with the same name without the
N:    compression-method extension. Normally this indicates a mistake in the
N:    installation process of the package.
N:
N:    Severity: minor, Certainty: possible
N:
N:    Check: files, Type: binary, udeb

So nothing to really bother about for the current upload but lintian has
some intersting hints for you as upstream. :-)

Thanks for your work on this