[Debian-med-packaging] insighttoolkit4 doesn't build on i386, failed tests

Gert Wollny gw.fossdev at gmail.com
Tue May 20 17:44:26 UTC 2014

Hello,

On Tue, 2014-05-20 at 18:14 +0100, Gianfranco Costamagna wrote:
> Hi Steve and all debian-med developers,
>
> I didn't open a bug, but I would like to let you know that
> insigntoolkit4 doesn't build on i386 because of two tests failed [1]
> while on ubuntu doesn't build for another reason [2]
>
> This is preventing many packages to migrate in testing, and I would
> like to help but the problem is that I cannot reproduce on local
> pbuilder the test failures.
I had the same problem - unable to reproduce the problem. I was thinking
about adding something to the d/rules file to dump the test log if
dh_auto_test fails so that it also ends up in the pbuilder log to at
least see why the tests fail.

For the Ubuntu build gccxml fails to run, probably because they use an
older gccxml (2013xxx) version compared to 2014xxx currently in
unstable. Maybe moving to the new gccxml version will fix that problem.

best,
Gert