[Debian-med-packaging] Tip to limit the number of commit messages.

Charles Plessy plessy at debian.org
Sat May 24 13:42:00 UTC 2014

Le Sat, May 24, 2014 at 01:35:18PM +0000, Charles Plessy a écrit :
> Author: plessy
> Date: 2014-05-24 13:35:18 +0000 (Sat, 24 May 2014)
> New Revision: 17002
>
> Modified:
>    trunk/community/website/docs/policy.xml
> Log:
> For packages pulling Upstream, set multimailhook.maxCommitEmails to ~20.

Dear all,

I just updated our packaging policy with the following advice:

    Commit messages are sent to our commit mailing list with the git-multimail
    tool. To avoid sending too many messages, consider setting the option
    multimailhook.maxCommitEmails to a low value, for instance 20; the default is
    500…

This is especially relevant when pulling directly from Upstream Git
repositories (that is, when not using git-import-orig), since this can flood
the mailing list quite strongly (and I am sorry I did in the past).

Have a nice day,

Charles

--
Charles Plessy