[Debian-med-packaging] Doubts about packaging of OpenBUGS

Dylan bob.dybian at gmail.com
Sat May 31 10:08:03 UTC 2014

Hi all,
Andreas, sorry for CCing you, I thought you were interested in this topic
since I have proposed to package it in my previous mail [1].

I think it could be interesting in Debian Med since this software is used
for in biomedical research (e.g. some examples of current course/workshop
presenting OpenBUGS [2,3])

Moreover it seem to have some interest [4,5]. The paper [6] published in
"Statistics in Medicine" seem to be cited more than 560 times on Google
scholar and 80 times on PubMed and the paper [7] about the original version
(only available on MS Windows) is cited more than 2680 times on Google
scholar.

Best regards,
Dylan

[1] https://lists.debian.org/debian-med/2014/03/msg00222.html
[2] http://www.crfr.ac.uk/bayesian-disease-mapping/
[3] http://academicdepartments.musc.edu/phs/news/SummerInstitute_2014.pdf
[4] https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bug/191101
[5] https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=BUGS
[6] Lunn, D., Spiegelhalter, D., Thomas, A. and Best, N. (2009) The BUGS
project: Evolution, critique and future directions (with discussion),
Statistics in Medicine 28: 3049--3082.
[7] Lunn, D.J., Thomas, A., Best, N., and Spiegelhalter, D. (2000) WinBUGS
-- a Bayesian modelling framework: concepts, structure, and extensibility.
Statistics and Computing, 10:325--337.

> Hi Dylan,
>
> On Sun, May 18, 2014 at 06:36:59PM +0200, Dylan wrote:
> > Hi Andreas,
> > I have some doubts about the packaging of OpenBUGS
>
> I have not even thought about this software.  Why do you think this is a
> topic for Debian Med?
>
> Kind regards
>
>      Andreas.
>
> PS: There is no reason in CCing me. :-)
>
> > which are already
> > mentioned in the Fedora mailing list [1] and quickly in the Debian
Science

https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/devel/2011-June/152747.html