[Debian-med-packaging] [relion] branch master created (now d446b4a)

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Fri Oct 10 14:21:56 UTC 2014

Hi Roland,

On Fri, Oct 10, 2014 at 04:10:37PM +0200, rf at q-leap.de wrote:

>     Andreas> Hi again, please git pull.  I added citation information,
>     Andreas> fixed d/rules permission and did `cme fix dpkg-control`.
>     Andreas> If you don't like the latter (which I personally doubt)
>     Andreas> please at least respect 80 character line limit for
>     Andreas> description.
>
> OK, thanks. Upstream download site requires registration. Any ideas how
> to handle this in the watch file?

No, I have not ... except for contacting upstream which we should do
anyway since in some way we are "undermining" their registration process
if we distribute the package on Debian.  It might be convincing to
upstream that we are mentioning their publication (starting from next
cron job tomorrow).

> http://www2.mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk/groups/scheres/download_relion.html
> If you have a quick solution, you can just add the file to the repo.

You might convince upstream to find a better layout on Github and do
some prober release tagging which would enable us to drain the source
from here

   https://github.com/jjcorreao/relion

Currently their repository layout seems to be like they might re-invent
an additional versioning inside a Git repository which seems to be a
wrong way to use Git.