[Debian-med-packaging] [relion] branch master created (now d446b4a)

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Tue Oct 21 18:26:53 UTC 2014

Hi Roland,

before I forget this:  I noticed that you used some different group
than

  Maintainer: Debian Med Packaging Team <debian-med-packaging at lists.alioth.debian.org>

I'd strongly advise to follow policy and use the Debian Med team as
maintainer.  Otherwise you would effectively prevent several QA means we
are using in the team and you are simply risking that other team members
will not notice problems with this package.  If you want to use a team
mailing list at your side I'd recommen subscribing this team in the
Debian Package Tracking System (PTS).

Another thing I'm wondering about:  Is there any strong reason to upload
the package to experimental?  You also should open an ITP bug and close
this in d/changelog.

On Tue, Oct 21, 2014 at 04:43:31PM +0200, support at q-leap.de wrote:
>     Andreas>   1. debian/README.source
>     Andreas>      Please add such a file to describe the details how you
>     Andreas>      obtained the source (no watch file, registration
>     Andreas>      needed, upstream contacted)
>
> added.

OK.

>     Andreas>   2. debian/changelog
>     Andreas>      The file looks a bit autogenerated.  Usually listing
>     Andreas>      all the files is not the best idea.  It would be
>     Andreas>      better to use
>     Andreas>        Files: *
>     Andreas>      for the majority of files and add some exceptions in
>     Andreas>      separate paragraphs.  The rationale is that in future
>     Andreas>      versions new files might be forgotten to add ... and
>     Andreas>      the files is also more readable.
>
>     Andreas>      Finally the file contains several FIXMEs - ftpmaster
>     Andreas>      will reject this quite quickly
>
> Fixed this to the best of my knowledge.

OK.

>     Andreas>   3. Regarding the overriden hardening-no-relro: There is a
>     Andreas>      good chance to injet @LDFLAGS@ in Makefile.am to
>     Andreas>      really fix this rather than closing the eyes about
>     Andreas>      this.  I would not see a real need for this before
>     Andreas>      uploading - but I personally try to fix this in my
>     Andreas>      packages.
>
> Will leave this for later (added d/ToDo entry).

OK

>     Andreas>   4. In the *-dev packages the include files are ending up
>     Andreas>      in
>     Andreas>         /usr/include/include/relion-1.3
>     Andreas>      I guess this is not intended.  I also have the
>     Andreas>      impression that all the header files are duplicated in
>     Andreas>      the *-dev packages.  Is this intended?
>
> Fixed. Yes, it's intended/necessary to "duplicate" the header files, since the
> contents of /usr/include/relion-1.3 actually depends on the configure
> options used to build and hence is different in the 4 variants.

Fine if it was really intended.

So package seems to be ready for me once the issue of the maintainer and
with ITP bug are solved.

Kind regards and thanks for your work on this