[Debian-med-packaging] How to use libgtest-dev in packaging projects (Was: ABySS version is out of date)

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Wed Sep 17 06:40:06 UTC 2014

Hi,

when trying to upgrade the abyss packaging
(git://git.debian.org/git/debian-med/abyss.git) I realised that the test
framework which switched to gtest is not as easy to use in packaging as
I expected.  According to README.Debian of libgtest-dev (which is in
line what Anthony wrote below) you need to build the test framework
first before you can use it.

I wonder how this can be done in the packaging process and whether we
have any example for doing this.