[Debian-med-packaging] How to use libgtest-dev in packaging projects (Was: ABySS version is out of date)

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Wed Sep 17 07:58:57 UTC 2014

Hi Sebastien,

On Wed, Sep 17, 2014 at 08:46:16AM +0200, Sebastien Jodogne wrote:
> Hi Andreas,
>
> Orthanc also depends on Google Test and is properly packaged for Debian.
>
> I introduced a CMake parameter "USE_GTEST_DEBIAN_SOURCE_PACKAGE" in
> the upstream to make it work. This parameter enables the following
> CMake section [1]:
>
> =====
>   set(GTEST_SOURCES /usr/src/gtest/src/gtest-all.cc)
>   include_directories(/usr/src/gtest)
>
>   if (NOT EXISTS /usr/include/gtest/gtest.h OR
>       NOT EXISTS ${GTEST_SOURCES})
>     message(FATAL_ERROR "Please install the libgtest-dev package")
>   endif()
> =====

Thanks for the attempt to help but as far as I can see the availability
of libgtest-dev is definitely not the problem since it is mentioned in
the Build-Depends and configure has just verified that
/usr/include/gtest/gtest.h is installed.  It is somehow the usage that
you need to compile gtest before using it on the build machine.

Thanks anyway