[Debian-med-packaging] Please tag the releases of spread-phy on Github

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Sat Apr 18 07:42:19 UTC 2015

Hi Filip,

as you know we are packaging spread for the Debian distribution.  Debian
has some means to watch the download locations for new releases.  In case
of Github the most easy way is to rely on release tags which enables the
download of a source tarball very easily.

I noticed that at the SPREAD Github page[1] the last commit says

   new release 1.0.7

but there are "0 release" tags.  Even worse the download page[2] has an
old version (1.0.5) which is confusing for any potential spread user.

It would be great if you could start using release tags.  Feel free to
ask for more details how to do this.

Kind regards and thanks for providing spread as Free Software

       Andreas.

[1] https://github.com/phylogeography/SPREAD
[2] https://github.com/phylogeography/SPREAD/downloads