[Debian-med-packaging] plip_1.1.0-1_amd64.changes REJECTED

Thorsten Alteholz alteholz at debian.org
Sun Aug 2 09:31:02 UTC 2015

Hi Andreas,

On Sat, 1 Aug 2015, Andreas Tille wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 01, 2015 at 05:32:44PM +0200, Thorsten Alteholz wrote:
>>>
>>> Isn't it common sense written down?  I read it that modification
>>> is allowed but you need to rename the file name.
>>
>> yes, but that is still a restriction.
>
> And what item of the DFSG is in conflict?

the license says that if I modify the data file, I need to rename it.
But I am also not allowed to use any other filename that is already on
the FTP server (my modified file would be also a modified version of any
other data file on the server).
So even if I choose a filename that is allowed today it might be illegal
some time in the future, after new data with "my" filename appear on the
FTP server.
Anyway, it also fails the desert island test as the castaway is not able
to check whether his new filename is a legal one. So, although stated
otherwise, this seems to be against DFSG#3.

  Thorsten