[Debian-med-packaging] [Python-modules-team] Any reason why python-numpy version 1.9.2 is in experimental?

Andreas Tille tille at debian.org
Tue Aug 4 12:24:56 UTC 2015

Hi Sandro,

On Wed, Jul 29, 2015 at 04:59:45PM +0100, Sandro Tosi wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 29, 2015 at 4:32 PM, Andreas Tille <andreas at an3as.eu> wrote:
> > I intend to package python-skbio[1] and realised that the latest
> > upstream version (0.4.0) requires numpy 1.9.2.  Is there any reason why
> > this remains in experimental?
>
> My lack of time it's probably the main reason. I'll look into
> uploading numpy to sid asap tho.

Ftpmaster speed has gained and python-skbio 0.4.0 was accepted in faster
than expected in unstable (it was actually my fault to upload this
python-skbio version instead of a previous one - but now thats given).
It Depends from numpy 1.9.2.  May be it would have been safer to upload
to experimental first.  Please let me know if I can help with a team
upload or whether I should do something with python-skbio to let it work
properly.

Sorry for bothering you - feel free to let me know what needs to be
done in a team upload.