[Debian-med-packaging] Backporting jaligner to jessie

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Wed Dec 9 10:20:12 UTC 2015

Hi Afif,

On Tue, Dec 08, 2015 at 10:17:55PM -0800, Afif Elghraoui wrote:
> Hi, team,
> Once it's in Debian, I'd like to have the Celera assembler backported to
> jessie. It depends on mhap, which depends on jaligner, so I thought it
> would be good to get started on backporting the dependency chain.

+1

> Are there any concerns with backporting jaligner?

I personally do not see any concern to backport any of our packages to
Jessie.

> The upload to unstable
> is not tagged in git, so I'm assuming the latest commit to master is
> what's in the archive.

I always suggest to not tag something that is in new because there are
potentially changes needed to pass the new queue.  The drawback is that
you might afterwards forget to tag the result.  I now checked that the
upload and the repository are equal and pushed the tag.

> I'm currently testing the build on a Stable
> chroot. If there are no issues, could someone sponsor once I push the
> debian/jessie-backports branch?

Just ping me if you finished your tests.

Thanks for working on this