[Debian-med-packaging] IQ-TREE version 1.3.11

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Mon Dec 14 08:30:42 UTC 2015

Hi Minh,

I forgot to include some license statements in the debian/copyright file
and thus ftmaster rejected the once uploaded version 1.3.8[1].  While I
fixed this by adding the according paragraphs to debian/copyright in the
packaging Git, I decided to not to upload the old version again but
switch to 1.3.11 for the next upload to new (which should went faster
now after the first cycle).

I have some comments to the new download:

1. Are you sure that you want to provide example.phy twice?

$ ls example*
example:
example.nex  example.phy  models.nex

examples:
example.phy

2. Would you consider providing the LaTeX source of the manual right
   inside the download tarball (which would enable me droping it from
   the debian/ dir).

3. In end of August we talked about your code copy of libsprng which
   you changed from the original.  I wonder whether you would consider
   to migrate to the original version.

4. Finally I was running into a build problem:

-- Looking for strndup - found
CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:337 (add_subdirectory):
  add_subdirectory given source "pllrepo/src" which is not an existing
  directory.

-- Found Eigen3: /usr/include/eigen3 (Required is at least version "2.91.0")
-- Found ZLIB: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libz.so (found version "1.2.8")
Using system zlib
CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:436 (set_target_properties):
  set_target_properties Can not find target to add properties to: pll

CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:438 (set_target_properties):
  set_target_properties Can not find target to add properties to: pllavx

See also "/build/iqtree-1.3.11+dfsg/obj-x86_64-linux-gnu/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log".

Any hints how to solve this?

[1] https://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/debian-med-packaging/2015-December/037265.html