[Debian-med-packaging] Dawg ready for review

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Tue Dec 15 07:39:42 UTC 2015

On Tue, Dec 15, 2015 at 04:36:08PM +1100, Kevin Murray wrote:

> Correct, this is done with gbp pq. But weirdly, using gbp buildpackage works
> fine. Standard git-pbuilder chroot. Weird.

That's *really* weird.

> > No file to patch.  Skipping patch.
> > dpkg-source: info: the patch has fuzz which is not allowed, or is malformed
> > dpkg-source: info: if patch '0004-Chmod-x-examples.patch' is correctly applied by quilt, use 'quilt refresh' to update it
> > dpkg-source: error: LC_ALL=C patch -t -F 0 -N -p1 -u -V never -E -b -B .pc/0004-Chmod-x-examples.patch/ --reject-file=- < dawg-1.2.orig.L6hmVM/debian/patches/0004-Chmod-x-examples.patch gave error exit status 1
> > dpkg-buildpackage: error: dpkg-source -i.git -I.git -b dawg-1.2 gave error exit status 2
> > gbp:error: '~/bin/git-pbuilder' failed: it exited with 2
> >
> > I personally do not no an other solution for the problem you try to
> > solve with this patch than
> >
> > override_dh_fixperms:
> > 	dh_fixperms
> > 	chmod -x debian/$(DEBPKGNAME)/...
> >

> Removed original patch, added your suggestion and pushed. Seems to all be good
> at my end. Could you have another go at an upload please?

I'm sorry but I failed to build again.  Now dpkg claims a diff against
the upstream source.  I tried to clean up master branch which contained
some changed files (i.e. Modules/CMakeUserUseBison.cmake) and some new
files (ecamples/*.dawg, releng/) compared to the upstream tarball.

However, these files were needed later in the build.  I can not believe
that the current repository builds at your side if you use the same
orig.tar.gz that is in pristine-tar branch.  Please try cleaning up your
export-dir and tarball-dir to make sure you are really using the archive
from the pristine-tar branch.

I'd be happy if somebody else could verify whether the repository builds
somewhere else than at Kevins side (I can not exclude that its simply me
but I can't help myself that the current state can not work at all).