[Debian-med-packaging] Did the libkmc-dev package get uploaded?

Sascha Steinbiss satta at tetrinetsucht.de
Mon Dec 21 09:53:24 UTC 2015

Dear Kevin,

thanks for bringing this back to our attention.

> A while ago I re-packaged the kmc package to build a development lib package
> alongside the binary. I thought this was uploaded but I've checked in NEW and
> the PTS and have not been able to find it. I tried searching the mail archive
> but couldn't find any FTP master rejection email. Is there anywhere else I
> should look, or is my memory failing me and it was never uploaded?

I don’t think it was. AFAICS last comment here on the mailing list was that it built fine for me, and that was it. I do not have DM upload permissions for kmc, and I can’t recall any upload from one of the DDs either.

> Sascha has beat me to pushing the new upstream version, so perhaps we can just
> skip straight to the new version (once she considers it ready for upload of
> course). @Sascha, does your package of the new upstream version have the
> libkmc-dev package?

Yes, it does :) I made sure that master is in sync with the newest version from your branch before merging the new upstream.
In general, the kmc 2.3 package is currently in a state in which it builds and lintian looks good except for the missing man page for the new ‘kmc_tools’ executable (and its various sub-tools). It seems to be not trivial to automate generating man pages from the help output, as ‘kmc_tools’ does not like to work well with help2man and the current automation seems quite specific...
That’s the last item on the list (see TODO in d/changelog).

I’m going to be traveling this week, with only intermittent opportunities to do work, so if you can come up with a good idea...

Cheers
Sascha