[Debian-med-packaging] filo mayhem bug fixed, needs upload

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Tue Dec 22 07:57:33 UTC 2015

Hi Kevin,

On Tue, Dec 22, 2015 at 09:05:57AM +1100, Kevin Murray wrote:

> I think I've fixed a filo bug that was causing a project mayhem segfault.

I added a "Closes: #bug" to the changelog and a Bug-Debian DEP3 field to
the patch (please git pull).  This might help upstream to understand the
full problem.  BTW, I was a bit lazy in forwarding all my patches
upstream but I think I'll do this in the next couple of weeks.  Please
also do so for filo.  Once you do so please try to convince upstream to
properly tag their releases to enable us writing a d/watch file.

> have patched the build, and upgraded the packaging configs to the latest
> standards version.
>
> A review and upload would be greatly appreciated. Particularly, it might be
> worth checking I did the 3.9.5 => 3.9.6 standards version upgrade correctly.

In most cases of our target packages the differences between the
standards versions are not affecting our packaging.  I personally trust
lintian to check the version upgrade.

> (Also, is that linitian warning regarding debug files a true issue with the
> package? I've never come across those files in other packages and wasn't sure
> what to do.)

Seems to be a pretty new feature (I vaguely remember an announcement
about this).  I'm not sure whether I like auto generated really large
dbgsym packages in some cases and I might seek for a way to switch this
of in some cases.

Kind regards and thanks for your work on this