[Debian-med-packaging] Continuing with phybin (Was: Packaging my first haskell package)

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Sat Dec 26 16:59:41 UTC 2015

On Sat, Dec 26, 2015 at 09:59:03PM +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:
> that it is actually a difficult problem.  In bioniformatics, with programs
> written in C or similar languages, the problem is simply solved by letting things
> segfault or crash if unexpected arguments are provided...

Well, considering my experiences from Mayhem this is the case if people
ignore the default way to do this.  If people would only use getopt all
these segfaults would not have happened.  I would think that people
should have read a usual C book perhaps until chapter two before
implementing something.