[Debian-med-packaging] Debian package for vsearch

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Wed Feb 18 15:18:55 UTC 2015

Hi Torbjørn,

I'd like to inform you that the Debian Med team has created an official
package of vsearch for Debian.  We are really excited about your work
since this enables us to create fully functional free qiime packages as
well.  Thanks for releasing vsearch as free software.

Since we uploaded the first package we received some bug reports about
compilation issues of vsearch.  These problems were addressed in patches
which are published in our packaging SVN at

   http://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/debian-med/trunk/packages/vsearch/trunk/debian/patches/

It could be helpful if you would consider integrating the patches in
your next version since it could enhance the portability of vsearch.

Each patch has an header which also points to the according bug report
that is describing the problem which is resolved by the patch.

Please let us know what you think about the patches itself and whether
you are willing to include these.

Kind regards and thanks again for the very important free tool