[Debian-med-packaging] Debian package for vsearch

Torbjørn Rognes torognes at ifi.uio.no
Thu Feb 19 20:48:56 UTC 2015

Hi Andreas

> On 18 Feb 2015, at 23:29, Andreas Tille <andreas at an3as.eu> wrote:
>>
>> Thank you. We will consider all patches and potentially integrate all of them into a future version of vsearch. As far as I can see now they all seem to be fine. I will inform you when they have been integrated.
>
> Thanks, that would be very helpful.

We have already integrated the patches related to the manual and the code. What remains are those patches that apply to the Makefile(s). We will handle these together with the other changes that we want to make to the Makefile relating to reading compressed files using the zlib or bzip2 libraries.

>> I looked briefly on the website you provided a link to. There appears to be a misunderstaning regarding the author of the documentation. The following files seems to indicate that Robert Edgar is the author of the vsearch documentation (README.md, vsearch.1 and vsearch_manual.pdf):
>>
>> http://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/debian-med/trunk/packages/vsearch/trunk/debian/vsearch.doc-base.manual?view=markup
>> http://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/debian-med/trunk/packages/vsearch/trunk/debian/vsearch.doc-base.readme?view=markup
>>
>> That is not the case. The documentation is written mostly by Frédéric Mahé, with some assistance from me.
>
> Thanks for proof-reading which is very welcome.  I fixed this in SVN.
> (Not sure whether "assistance from me" should be turned into a second
> author or whether we should leave Frédéric Mahé.  You might like to know
> that the doc-base registry in Debian is not widely used by Debian users
> and thus the importance of this document is not very high.

I think you can leave Frédéric Mahé as the sole author of the documentation.

Best wishes,

- Torbjørn