[Debian-med-packaging] Please consider tagging librdp-readseq releases

Andreas Tille andreas at fam-tille.de
Wed Feb 25 21:53:59 UTC 2015

Hi Qiong,

On Wed, Feb 25, 2015 at 12:31:36PM -0500, Qiong Wang wrote:
> I am sorry for the error messages you received during compiling. It was due to missing test files used by a Junit test. Thanks for pointing out the problem. I have updated our GitHub and tagged a new release for the affected repo.

I can confirm that ReadSeq now builds nicely and the test runs fine.

> I encourage you to consider including our entire RDPTools module for its nice collection of tools that should be interesting to your clients. In addition to the well-know RDP Classifier, SeqMatch,  and ProbeMatch, it includes newer tools including FrameBot, a frameshift co rrection and nearest neighbor assignment tool and Xander, our latest gene-targeted metagenomic assembler tool. It also includes many important utility functions useful in microbial ecological analysis. Most of these tools have been recently published and detailed tutorials or workflow are provided on GitHub.

I agree that this would be really interesting.  However, I'd like to
point out that the download tarball remains basically empty.  As I said
while we would prefer tarballs in general in principle we could also
deal with Git clones as a fallback.  I do not think that delivering an
empty tarball is a good idea.  We had some previous discussion (about a
different problem) on our mentors mailing list.  May be this is of any
help:

   https://lists.debian.org/debian-mentors/2014/06/msg00203.html

I can not promise when we will create packages of RDPTools but I can
confirm that I'll put it on our agenda.