[Debian-med-packaging] Packaging fest-swing and its dependencies

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Fri Jul 3 04:43:10 UTC 2015

Hi Tim,

On Sun, Apr 26, 2015 at 10:50:55AM +0000, Potter, Tim (Cloud Services) wrote:
> On 26 Apr 2015, at 3:57 pm, Andreas Tille <andreas at an3as.eu> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > the Debian Med team is packaging spread-phy[1].  Since the latest
> > upgrade a new dependency fest-swing[2] is needed.  I realised that
> > fest-swing in turn needs fest-reflect[3] and commited my try to package
> > this to pkg-java Git[4].  Unfortunately it does not build.  My attempt
> > to create the package simply based on the example of fest-assert since I
> > had trouble with mh_make which I was not able to work around.
> >
> > Any help to get this package building would be welcome.
>
> Hi Andreas.  I packaged up fest-assert so I can take a look at fest-swing (and the other build depends).

I realised that the needed dependencies for fest-swing[1] seem to exist
thanks to your work.  However, if I try to build the package I run into

[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.

Missing:
1) org.jsr-305:jsr305:jar:debian

  Then, install it using the command:
      mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=org.jsr-305 -DartifactId=jsr305 -Dversion=debian -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file

I verified that libjsr305-java is in Build-Depends but I have no idea how
to cope with this.

Any ideas?

[1] git://anonscm.debian.org/pkg-java/fest-swing-1.x.git