[Debian-med-packaging] Icons in Mauve replaced by pendants from gnome-icon-theme (Was: Let me know if you need help)

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Thu Jul 16 15:53:29 UTC 2015

Hi Aaron,

On Fri, Jul 10, 2015 at 11:07:36AM +1000, Aaron Darling wrote:
> Hi Andreas,
> Apologies for not responding sooner. I was first on vacation, then out
> sick for around a week, then travelling to teach in workshops, and am
> just now digging through the backlog of unanswered emails.

No problem at my side. :-)

> Several of these icons were supplied by Sun as 'stock icons' to be used
> in Java interfaces, and although I'm pretty sure they were intended for
> redistribution I do not have a copy of the license. At least some of the
> other icons were definitely scraped from online sources without careful
> thought about licenses. A few were created by me. If you have
> suggestions for a good place to find freely licensed user interface
> icons it would be very helpful indeed! I would be happy to put in
> replacements with favourable licensing.

I found some solution which I did upload to Debian.  I have used the
respective icons from gnome-icon-theme.  The attached script converts
these icons to GIF (even if I would consider *.png as the better
solution I intended to conserve your names identically).  The icons
are also commited to the Debian packaging Git at

   https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/debian-med/mauve-aligner.git

Feel free to ask me for a more simple way to forward the images to
you (I could also attach a tar.gz by mail but wanted to go without
binary attachments when CCing the mailing list).

Mauve is now uploaded again to the Debian new queue again and will
hopefully processed soon.