[Debian-med-packaging] Some remaining test failures (Was: Please help clarifying licensed)

Jeet Sukumaran jeetsukumaran at gmail.com
Wed Jul 29 17:47:36 UTC 2015

Hi Andreas,

Unfortunately, I cannot reproduce these errors on my system.

They all seem to have the same root cause:

     File "/usr/lib/python3.4/encodings/ascii.py", line 26, in decode
         return codecs.ascii_decode(input, self.errors)[0]
     UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xe2 in
position 181: ordinal not in range(128)

This means that the stream of bytes being read cannot be converted to a
Unicode string in your environment.

I do not understand why this is happening when reading text from a file,
however.

Could you set the LANG shell environmental variable and see if the
problem is still there? I have mine set to:

	export LANG=en_US.utf-8

but even when unset, I cannot replicate the problem.

In principle, I might be able forcibly ignore the error by opening the
file stream with:

	stream = open(path, errors="ignore")

but without being able to rproduce the problem on my end, cannot test
the solution.

-- jeet

--

--------------------------------------