[Debian-med-packaging] Contributing some R packages

Andreas Tille andreas at fam-tille.de
Thu Jul 30 05:02:02 UTC 2015

Hi Jonathon,

On Wed, Jul 29, 2015 at 04:54:02PM -0700, Jonathon Love wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm wanting to contribute/maintain some R packages for debian. My
> eventual goal is to make the software 'JASP' available through debian.
> https://jasp-stats.org
>
> these packages are statistical in nature, and the debian-med seemed to
> be the closest project in alignment (?)

I can not see the connection to medicine and biology but may be you
would like to clarify a bit.  For me it looks similar to Rstudio[1]
(which also would be great in Debian and some people are working on it).
In any case the software is relevant for Debian and I would happily
support your attempt to package JASP - either in Debian Med or in the
Debian Science team (which might fit better but I'll leave the decision
to you).

> i have prepared some packages, and i think they're at a place where
> they're ready for submission.
>
> would the debian-med group be interested in my work? or should i look
> somewhere else? could someone sponsor me?

Sponsoring will be granted if the packages are OK.  Please have a look
into the Debian Med policy[1] about packaging style and VCS repository.
In any case you should create a login on alioth.debian.org as described
in [1].

Kind regards and thanks for your interest

    Andreas.

[1] https://www.rstudio.com/
[2] https://debian-med.alioth.debian.org/docs/policy.html