[Debian-med-packaging] Cmake help for htqc needed

Leopold Palomo-Avellaneda leo at alaxarxa.net
Tue Jun 23 13:41:50 UTC 2015

El Dimarts, 23 de juny de 2015, a les 10:41:56, Andreas Tille va escriure:
> Hi Leopold,
>
> On Tue, Jun 23, 2015 at 09:51:43AM +0200, Leopold Palomo-Avellaneda wrote:
> > > Now some other questions raised:
> > >   1. How can I switch to dynamic linking of the set of executables?
> >
> > AFAIK in the htqc sources there are two static libraries: htio2 and
> > ht_common.
> >
> > These two are defined in this file:
> > src/CMakeLists.txt
> >
> > add_library(htio2 STATIC ${HTIO_SOURCE_FILES} ${JUCE_SOURCE_FILES})
> >
> > add_library(ht_common STATIC ${HTQC_SOURCE_FILES})
> >

> > dropping the STATIC word the libraries in Debian would be dynamic (.so).
> > If
> > you expose that libraries (libXXXX and libXXXX-dev) remember that then to
> > follow debian policies, you must add sonames.
>
> That's correct.
>
> > It you need it, I write you the line needed.
>
> I would really appreciate if you could provide a patch that would build
> *.so and *.a libraries.  If this works I'd provide a libhtqc and a
> libhtqc-dev package.

Andreas,

I have made some patch to htqc. I have merged your changes. I have imported
them using gbp-pq.

It works but not as expected. Upstream has some bug, because it creates two
libraries (htio2 and ht_common). However, one depends (or uses) functions of
the other.
So, if you use functions from htio2 _only_ nothing happens. You can use static
or dynamic.
If you use functions from ht_common only_ nothing happens. You can use static
or dynamic.

But if you use function from both (link against both), the linker fails. You
must then use one static. And I'm really lost with it now.

If you want I can make the push, but I would prefer that you look it.

Best regards,

Leopold

Linux User 152692     GPG: 05F4A7A949A2D9AA
Catalonia