[Debian-med-packaging] Please use standard layout for GinkgoCADx source download tarball

Andreas Tille tille at debian.org
Fri Mar 6 21:08:38 UTC 2015

Hi Carlos,

I intend to upgrade the GinkgoCADx Debian package to your latest
upstream source.  When I downloaded the tarball
ginkgocadx-3.7.1.1573.41.tar.gz  from
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ginkgocadx/files/3.7.1/ I realised that
it unpacks to a dir srcpkg first which contains a subdirectory
ginkgocadx-3.7.1.1573.41.  This is quite unusual and a nuisance for the
Debian packaging.  I'd welcome if you would consider leaving out the
srcpkg dir and the tarball would directly contain ginkgocadx-<version>
in the future.

Kind regards and thanks for providing GinkgoCADx as free software