[Debian-med-packaging] old BWA package?

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Sun May 24 07:13:47 UTC 2015

Hi Brian,

please do not send private mails if you want to be sure to get quick
help.  The Debian Med packages are team maintained and your chances to
get an answer are way higher when contacting the team ... specifically
if my spam filter catches your mail. ;-)

On Tue, May 19, 2015 at 09:31:09PM +0000, Brian W. Smith wrote:

> I'm trying to help a research lab at the University of Washington to recreate a machine that they use to perform calculations on research data.  They need to set up the machine using the same software they used before, in order that they treat all their data the same way until this project is finished.  They need to set up bwa 0.6.2-1 and use it until this project is finished, but I cannot locate the package in order to install it.  I have also looked for an rpm of this version, no luck.  They don't have an archive with the installation package and they prefer to install it the same way as before instead of building it from source.  Do you know  how we can get a copy of the old version?  My searches have not revealed anything useful.

You might like to pick from

   http://snapshot.debian.org/binary/bwa/

You can drain practically each releases Debian package from there but it
is not guaranteed that it runs on a recent Debian release.  In case you
might have trouble you might like to download the source package and
rebuild it.

Hope this helps