[Debian-med-packaging] RFS: python-pbconsensuscore for jessie-backports

Afif Elghraoui afif at ghraoui.name
Fri Nov 6 08:38:26 UTC 2015

Hi, Andreas,

On الجمعـة  6 تشرين الثاني 2015 00:27, Andreas Tille wrote:

> Hmmmm, my Jessie pbuilder chroot has
>
> $ cat /var/cache/pbuilder/jessie-base.cow/etc/apt/sources.list
> deb http://httpredir.debian.org/debian jessie-backports main
> deb http://httpredir.debian.org/debian/ jessie main
>

> I'm running into a build error:

> LC_ALL=C.UTF-8 dh clean --with python2,python3 --buildsystem=pybuild
>    dh_testdir -O--buildsystem=pybuild
>    dh_auto_clean -O--buildsystem=pybuild
> I: pybuild base:170: python2.7 setup.py clean
> WARNING: '' not a valid package name; please use only.-separated package names in setup.py
> running clean
> removing '/home/tillea/debian-maintain/alioth/debian-med_git/build-area/python-pbconsensuscore-1.0.0/.pybuild/pythonX.Y_2.7/build' (and everything under it)
> 'build/bdist.linux-x86_64' does not exist -- can't clean it
> 'build/scripts-2.7' does not exist -- can't clean it
> I: pybuild base:170: python3.4 setup.py clean
> Requires numpy >= 1.6.0
> E: pybuild pybuild:256: clean: plugin distutils failed with: exit code=1: python3.4 setup.py clean

This is annoying because the clean target runs before the chroot is
entered and build-dependencies are installed. To get around this, you
must have python-numpy and python3-numpy installed on your actual system.

I had these packages installed on my system already, so I did not notice
that before.

> I have not checked what version python3-numpy might have in Jessie
> (Backports).  I'm afraid I'm not available for any debugging / other
> sponsering the next 24 hours.  So either somebody else might take
> over the sponsering if this is clarified or I need to beg for some
> patience...

Thanks for trying anyway.

regards
Afif