[Debian-med-packaging] Policy regarding gbp pq

Kevin Murray kevin at kdmurray.id.au
Thu Oct 1 08:39:58 UTC 2015

Hi all,

What's the team policy regarding gbp pq? I've started using it and I really
like it, particularly since I'm quite comfortable doing rather complex things
in git. However, it can re-write the hand-made quilt patch queues.

A couple of questions:

  - Is gbp pq allowed?
  - So long as patch contents and metadata are not modified, is it rude or bad
    practice to change a patch at all? (e.g., gbp pq often uses subtly
    different patch formats to quilt)
  - Is there some set of arguments or config options to gbp pq which modifies
    the quilt-based patches the least?

I'd love to keep using gbp pq, but not if I end up annoying anyone :).

Cheers,

---
Kevin Murray

GPG pubkey: http://www.kdmurray.id.au/static/A4B4EE6A.asc
FPR: 656C 0632 1EAB 2C3F 3837  9767 17C2 8EB1 A4B4 EE6A