[Debian-med-packaging] python-dendropy_4.0.3-1_amd64.changes REJECTED

Thorsten Alteholz alteholz at debian.org
Mon Oct 5 20:42:52 UTC 2015

Hi Andreas,

On Fri, 2 Oct 2015, Andreas Tille wrote:
>> as the source tarball contains a doc-directory, this sentence from the
>> license file is not nice:
>>  All DendroPy documentation, (non-logo) images and other media, as
>>  provided online or otherwise distributed, can be used in accordance with the
>>  `Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License
>
> As I said previously when you spotted some license issues with images
> in mauve-aligner:  It would be really helpful if you do not turn your
> results into prosaic text but leave us the code to reproduce what you
> are talking about.

thats why I wrote "... from the license file ..." and this is *surprise*
LICENSE.rst.

> I do not know what images you mean nor how to
> reproduce.

Did you really read the email?

> So please (for this case and also in future) leave us the code that
> enables us reproducing things.

There are not always secret commands, sometimes you just need to read some
text.

>> Also I could not find any license information for the data files that
>> have been downloaded from TreeBase.
>
> Please also be more verbose what exact Files you mean to enable me a
> qualified mail to upstream.

This is paragraph 5 of the license file (LICENSE.rst), which also
contains a path: dendropy/test/data
Some of those files have been downloaded from TreeBase but in the license
file (LICENSE.rst) only data from GenBank is mentioned. So I wonder what
license is valid for the TreeBase-data files.

   Thorsten