[Debian-med-packaging] Java problem when upgrading pixelmed

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Thu Oct 8 11:03:51 UTC 2015

On Tue, Oct 06, 2015 at 10:36:56PM +0200, Emmanuel Bourg wrote:
> Le 06/10/2015 22:28, Andreas Tille a écrit :
>
> > export JAVAVERSIONTARGETJARFILE=/usr/lib/jvm/default-java/jre/lib/rt.jar; javac -O -target 1.7 -source 1.7 -bootclasspath ${JAVAVERSIONTARGETJARFILE} -encoding "UTF8" -Xlint:           deprecation -XDignore.symbol.file \
> >         -classpath ../../..:/usr/share/java/commons-compress.jar:/usr/share/java/commons-codec.jar:/usr/share/java/vecmath.jar:/usr/share/java/jai_imageio.jar:/usr/share/java/          pixelmed_codec.jar \
> >         -sourcepath ../../.. ImageEditUtilities.java
> > ImageEditUtilities.java:119: error: package com.pixelmed.codec.jpeg does not exist
> >                                                 com.pixelmed.codec.jpeg.Parse.parse(fbis,fbos,shapes);
>
> I bet you are missing pixelmed_codec.jar which is likely to contain the
> com.pixelmed.codec.jpeg package according to its name:
>
> http://www.dclunie.com/pixelmed/software/codec/20141206_current/

I think you've won your bet ;-) and I injected some packaging for
pixelmed-codec[1].  Unfortunately I'm not yet through all dependencies
since the build ends with:

SetCharacteristicsFromSummary.java:240: error: cannot find symbol
                JsonReader jsonReader = Json.createReader(new FileReader(jsonfile));
                ^
  symbol:   class JsonReader
  location: class SetCharacteristicsFromSummary
SetCharacteristicsFromSummary.java:240: error: cannot find symbol
                JsonReader jsonReader = Json.createReader(new FileReader(jsonfile));
                                        ^
  symbol:   variable Json
  location: class SetCharacteristicsFromSummary
SetCharacteristicsFromSummary.java:241: error: cannot find symbol
                JsonObject obj = jsonReader.readObject();
                ^
  symbol:   class JsonObject
  location: class SetCharacteristicsFromSummary
SetCharacteristicsFromSummary.java:244: error: cannot find symbol
                        JsonObject functionalGroupEntries = (JsonObject)(obj.get(functionalGroupName));
                        ^
  symbol:   class JsonObject
  location: class SetCharacteristicsFromSummary
SetCharacteristicsFromSummary.java:244: error: cannot find symbol
                        JsonObject functionalGroupEntries = (JsonObject)(obj.get(functionalGroupName));
                                                             ^
  symbol:   class JsonObject
  location: class SetCharacteristicsFromSummary
37 errors
Makefile:43: recipe for target 'SetCharacteristicsFromSummary.class' failed
make[3]: *** [SetCharacteristicsFromSummary.class] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory '/home/andreas/debian-maintain/repack/pixelmed/pixelmed-20150917/com/pixelmed/apps'

The makefiles are refering to

   lib/additional/javax.json-api-1.0.jar

and it seems none of the json java classes are fitting this.

I remember times when the jar contents were listed in:

   http://ftp-master.debian.org/users/twerner/jar-content.txt.gz

But this does not seem to be updated any more.

Any further hints are welcome

     Andreas.

[1] svn://anonscm.debian.org/debian-med/trunk/packages/pixelmed-codec/trunk/