[Debian-med-packaging] Python-pyvcf: Couldn't find index page for 'distribute' (maybe misspelled?)

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Wed Oct 14 13:37:56 UTC 2015

Hi,

On Tue, Oct 13, 2015 at 11:42:57PM +0200, Piotr Ożarowski wrote:
> > Searching for distribute
> > Reading https://pypi.python.org/simple/distribute/
> > Download error on https://pypi.python.org/simple/distribute/: [Errno 111] Connection refused -- Some packages may not be found!
> > Couldn't find index page for 'distribute' (maybe misspelled?)
>
> patch setup.py to use setuptools instead of distribute and add
> python{3,}-setuptools to Build-Depends

Thanks for the hint which was really helpful.  Since setup.py is also
triggering a test suite I recreated the test data from upstream Git
and moved the packaging from Debian Med SVN to Git to simplify fetching
the new source tarball for others:

   git://anonscm.debian.org/debian-med/python-pyvcf.git

While the build works fine now and the tests are running without any
error I would like to be able to trigger the tests for the installed
modules.  I wonder what I need to do rebuild what setup.py is creating
from

       test_suite='vcf.test.test_vcf.suite',