[Debian-med-packaging] [Pkg-octave-devel] Octave Packaging help

Rafael Laboissiere rafael at laboissiere.net
Fri Oct 16 11:20:09 UTC 2015

[With Cc to the mailing lists, this time.]

Hi Afif,

* Afif Elghraoui <afif at ghraoui.name> [2015-10-14 00:57]:

> I am thinking about packaging the COBRA toolbox [1] for Debian, but I'm
> not really sure how the packaging works for something that isn't from
> octave-forge.

Thanks for your interest in packaging the COBRA toolbox for Debian. You
work will be welcome.

> I couldn't find any guidance on the Debian wiki or an Octave policy. My
> cursory search of the mailing list archives didn't turn up anything,
> either. I stumbled across octave-pkg-dev and its README:
> http://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/pkg-octave/octave-pkg-dev.git/tree/README
> ...but it doesn't look applicable to the package I'm considering.
>
> I checked octave-forge documentation [2] and I can't find anything about
> the pkg.m system mentioned in the README above.
>
> Basically, all I need to do is to be able to put the .m files somewhere
> where octave can find it and it's not clear to me how I should package
> it to achieve that. I'd appreciate any tips or assistance you could
> provide.

You might look at how the Debian package which depend on octave (and are
not built using octave-pkg-dev) cope with the *.m files.  They are:

  fsl-5.0-core
  octave-psychtoolbox-3
  octave-gdf
  octave-biosig