[Debian-med-packaging] python-casmoothing on Ubuntu

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Wed Oct 21 16:36:07 UTC 2015

Hi Thiago,

On Wed, Oct 21, 2015 at 04:25:47PM +0000, Thiago Franco Moraes wrote:
> Hi Andreas,
>
> Sorry for asking you it directly. If you want I'll send this email to
> Debian-med list.

I just respond to the development list so it is recorded there.  Feel
free to submit your query to right the list next time.

> I installed Ubuntu-15.10 at my desktop to do some testings. I tried to
> install InVesalius, but it was not possible since InVesalius depends on
> vtk5.10 but python-casmoothing depends on vtk6.
>
> I was able to install invesalius after I create locally a
> python-casmoothing that depends on vtk5.10.

I'd consider this a step back since we intend to migrate to vtk6.
However you could submit the package to the Debian Med Ubuntu PPA
where it might belong for this purpose.

> My question is: Can I commit this change to debian-med svn? This changes
> will be reflected at Ubuntu-15.10?

I'm fine for this in a separate branch.

> I know I need to update InVesalius to VTK6. I need to take a time to do
> this.

Just take your time.