[Debian-med-packaging] Licensing of two files in prottest

Andreas Tille andreas at fam-tille.de
Sun Oct 25 17:31:56 UTC 2015

Hi,

as I told the authors of Prottest I'm packaging Prottest for Debian.  Our
ftpmaster has found two files where the license derives from the globally
applied GPL-2+

On Sat, Oct 24, 2015 at 06:00:09PM +0000, Thorsten Alteholz wrote:
> prottest3-3.4-release/src/main/java/es/uvigo/darwin/xprottest/util/BrowserLauncher.java
> is not licensed under GPL-2+

This is Copyright by 1999-2001 Eric Albert who wants to get a
notification if the code is used.  Eric, this is the notification
about the usage. :-)

> prottest3-3.4-release/src/main/java/es/uvigo/darwin/prottest/util/WriterOutputStream.java
> doesn't seem to have a license at all.

This file is

   Copyright (c) 1999 Mort Bay Consulting (Australia) Pty. Ltd.

but there is no license specified.  Diego, could you please clarify the
licensing of this file?