[Debian-med-packaging] Correct handling of single-.so libraries

Kevin Murray kevin at kdmurray.id.au
Tue Oct 27 21:34:09 UTC 2015

Hi all,

I'm having trouble working out how to correctly follow the Debian policy
regarding packaging of shared object libraries. If upstream only provides a
single .so, with no versioned symlinks, how does one install this correctly? I
assume this is a simple and common problem, but I can't find notes about *how*
to do this in any policy, only that you *must* do this.

If anyone knows of a package which solves this problem, let me know and I'll
study it.

Cheers,
Kevin

---
Kevin Murray

GPG pubkey: http://www.kdmurray.id.au/static/A4B4EE6A.asc
FPR: 656C 0632 1EAB 2C3F 3837  9767 17C2 8EB1 A4B4 EE6A