[Debian-med-packaging] [Help] Re: adun.app_0.81-7_amd64.changes REJECTED

Andreas Tille tille at debian.org
Tue Sep 1 15:27:14 UTC 2015

Hi Thorsten,

On Tue, Sep 01, 2015 at 04:00:27PM +0200, Thorsten Alteholz wrote:
> On Tue, 1 Sep 2015, Andreas Tille wrote:
> >Could you please, pretty please be more constructive how we should solve
> >this?  Please remember we are talking about some few html files with an
> >obviously free license.
>
> if they are not important, just remove them from the source tarball.

I think help files are important.

> Otherwise the original author/upstream should know more about it.

Upstream is dead for years and has probably copied these files from
other places (I found some more occurences of this string

<!-- This Apple Help template put together by Andy Matuschak
	http://www.andymatuschak.org
	andy at andymatuschak.org
	Version 1.0

	Adapted from the Safari help book--thanks, Apple!
	Adapted more directly from Pixen's help book.
	Licensed under MIT. -->

in the web.

I seriously wonder what purpose it serves if we spent hours for seeking
a specific license text if we know that the content is free since it is
MIT licenses and thus free and distributable in main.

I really feel my time is very badly spent instead of doing some
productive work (like fixing gcc-5 transition issues etc.) by nitpicking
about some files which are inside Debian since ages without any harm.

Please, pretty pleas accept the package as is.

Thanks