[Debian-med-packaging] Mothur - Debian patches

Andreas Tille tille at debian.org
Mon Sep 14 13:03:22 UTC 2015

[move to Debian Med packaging list for wider audience, Tomasz in CC since
 he created the last mothur package]

The context are the *.pat data files for mothur.

On Mon, Sep 14, 2015 at 12:02:55PM +0100, Tim Booth wrote:
> Hi Andreas,
>

> > What part of the policy would conflict?
>
> I always thought there was supposed to be a single upstream tarball per
> package?  Or was this just a guideline?  My get-orig-source.sh fetches
> the files individually and bundles them up.

A source package can consist of several upstream tarballs.  I
*personally* have never used this (and I have no idea how to realise
this with git-buildpackage and pristine-tar) but this is technically
perfectly possible.

I'm afraid your get-orig-source script was not clear about this.  I
might have removed it since I thought uscan would be enough.  Tomasz,
would you volunteer to dive into the separate tarballs challenge or to
you think a get-orig-source script would do the trick (since we need to
repack the zip anyway I would not mind much about checksums etc.)

> Anyway, I've put what I have on to Alioth GIT for you so please take a
> look.

Hmm, I do not see any commit of yours in
   git://anonscm.debian.org/debian-med/mothur.git